Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dodital-Sangamchatti Photos

Every time we plan, it stays like a plan, its never executed!!! Our actual plan to start our trek down to Sangamchatti was at around 7:30am. But we actually started at 8:30am. Initially without worrying about the time, we walked leisurely, clicking photos at all the places... Only to realize later that, "if we kept waking at this pace, we will never make it to Sangamchatti on time." So we started rushing and that's where I aggravated my ankle injury!! I kept walking slowly, because everytime I broke my rhythm, my ankle pained like hell...
Road blocks on the way..
Humaar Krishn-Kanaiyaa
that's Dayara Bugyal, its one of the best skiing slopes around
Well, the posers that we were, we had to Justify it right!! There we go, me and Vivek, sat on the edge, which had a shear drop, one slip and Yamraaj comes calling!!! The next three pictures are some of the most favourite pictures of the trek for me!! Vivek would agree with me!!
Took few shortcuts on the way... but the walk was pure awesome, painful in my ankle, but delightful to my heart!!!!
And soon the blue sky is engulfed by a rare mighty Himalayan Vulture. The next picture that you would see, is my best and the most favourite picture of the trek. You will get a fair enough idea, why I say that, when you click on the image and see the larger picture!! I just LOVE IT!!
A heart for all the Lovers
One of the major shortcut we took, just after Kacheru, was very steep and very narrow. 500m of shear height drop, and saver about a kilometer and a half of walk. Shubhodip wasn't in favor of taking it!! I told him that that was the actual way down. He fell for it initially and realized it later!! But then he wasn't complaining!!

Finally, buy the time we were at Agoda, I was limping. Soon, i wasnt in any mood of taking any more picture, because the pain had increased considerably!!! Some how i managed to walk back to Sangamchatti. Half way from Agoda, Jai Bhai took my bag, and walked with me!! Soon i realized i wasnt the only one limping. Vivek had pulled his nerves and he kept me company right upto Sangamchatti.

At Sangamchatti, we took a Jeep back to Uttarkashi. Relaxed and got fresh at a hotel. Soon me and Pankaj went out exploring the beauty and beauties of Uttarkashi :P

I hope his wife doesnt read that :D

No comments:

Post a Comment